Adult Sunday School
We have Sunday School from 9:55 am -10:45 am every Sunday morning! All classes welcome new members. We will be glad to help you contact a class or locate it Sunday Morning! Call the church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A listing of the classes can be found below from oldest to youngest age group.
- BASIC (Brothers and Sisters In Christ) (C-64) Baby Boomers. We the people of the BASIC class, in order to form a more perfect class, do hereby commit to encourage each other to grow spiritually in a loving, inviting and open atmosphere. We will grow through fellowship, Bible study and application of scripture.
- Douglas Bible/Thalia Pollard (O-17) Age: 50 & up, older retired. We study scripture to enrich our Christian living. We support mission endeavors, meet quarterly for social time, meal, etc. to reinforce fellowship.
- Fellowship (Fellowship Hall) All ages welcome, retirement age. We study the scripture, serve in response to the calls of need from God’s people, and encourage each other in Christian fellowship. We occasionally meet for fellowship outside of Sunday morning.
- Loyalty (C-54) All ages welcome, singles and couples. An encouraging group of friends who love the Lord, study His Word, and serve others. We study how the Bible relates to contemporary issues.
- Seeking New Pilgrims (C-56) All ages welcome, families with children of all ages. Discussion and video-based class focused on life application and sharing God’s Word. Fellowship is a key aspect of the class. Pre-requisite: Pop culture, college football fan or “off” sense of humor.
- The Gathering (C-58) All ages. We affirm Jesus’ example of love without reservation, and we covenant to deal compassionately and justly with one another. Therefore, this inclusive and nurturing, community of faith openly welcomes ALL persons. We explore the connection of faith and living.
- Short Term and Special Topics Classes (location varies) Offered on occasion, watch the bulletin and newsletter. These are informal gatherings to learn more about special topics such as: Bible Basics, Introduction to the UMC, UMC Social Principles, etc. Leader varies, often one of the pastors.
- College Class meets during the summer and over winter break. Watch for room assignment and opportunities to gather for fellowship and study.
- Coffee On Main (E-28) Do you want to know more about the ministries of Simpsonville United Methodist Church? Do you have questions about what it means to be a United Methodist? Are you interested in talking with a pastor about becoming a member of this church? If so, you are invited to join us for “Coffee on Main” – an informal time for you to share a cup of coffee with others who have an interest in Simpsonville UMC, to learn more about the church’s ministries and story, and to get to know Rev. Smith and Rev. Riser better as they respond to your questions. These gatherings are held in room O-18 on the third Sunday of every other month at 9:45-10:45 am. Our Coffee on Main for 2019 are January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, & November 18.
For more information about the next “Coffee”, call Rev. George Riser (907-0770) or contact him at email@example.com.